January’s ‘Soup for Super Soul Sunday‘ follows OWN Network’s lead, with an encore soup recipe. I am tempted to share one of the soup concoctions we enjoyed at home this week – ‘spicy chorizo, potato & peppers’, ‘cabbage tomato vegetable’ or ‘thai chicken with egg noodle’. My soup cravings are very much weather sensitive. These substantial soups reflect the past few days the frigid winter weather! . These recipes will be happily written here in the coming weeks to coincide with new Super Soul Sunday programming.
Watch Diana Nyad’s conversation with Oprah, as discusses her complex life with a full, resonate voice. Her strength is riveting and I am so inspired by her story. If it is cold where you are this week, then this week’s Potato Leek Soup will hit the spot! Tasty, easy and delicious. Enjoy!
6 – 8 medium size Potatoes (your choice of kind)
4 -6 stalks of Leeks, chopped (soaked to be sure the dirt is out of the leaves; use the white part and lighter green part of the stalk)
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Vegetable Broth or Water (enough to cover the vegetables once in the pot)
Milk or Cream (one third to one half of a cup)
How To Make It:
1. Cover bottom of pot with the olive oil and heat.
2. Add the leeks and saute for 5 – 10 minutes.
3. Add the cut up potatoes and stir.
4. Cover the vegetables with either broth or water and heat to boil.
5. Simmer the vegetables in the pot until they are cooked through.
6. Cool then using a blender or hand emulsifier, puree until smooth.
7. Add the milk or cream then salt & pepper to taste.
8. Warm through until heated and ENJOY!